RVThereYet

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hot Here In Texas

Man, is it hot this week. It's not even summer yet..What do we have to look forward too, yuck..
Temps have been 98 the last few days with high humidity, feeling like 108!! Too much for me.
Last summer I said this is the last summer here for me but here I am and once again saying THIS will be the last summer in this unbearable heat.
I had my usual schedule of work this past week. On Monday, we took the truck to a place that was recommended to us to have the bedliner sprayed in our new truck.. We also caved in and paid to have the siderails(nerf rail, as they call it) put in. We decided it just wasn't worth the fighting with the dealership to get them to do it. Actually, the dealership themselves said they wouldn't but the salesman said he would pay for it...Ya, I'm sure that was going to happen.. Anyway, I am a happy camper now that I can get into the truck with ease. Tomorrow morning we have an appointment to bring the truck to the dealership to have the detailing done which they never did and also to have our electric brake installed. They have put us off on that also, so we shall see. They were told to take it out of our trade and reinstall it in this one.. We can only hope for the best....
I am taking a little mini trip to Boston on Wednesday. I got a call from a good friend that they are having a 90th birthday party for a great lady that we worked with for many years. I couldnt pass up the oportunity to go and see all my old working buddies. We had a great group of people and got really close in the 23 years that I worked in the hospital. I am looking forward to seeing all of them again. Who knows when the opportunity will arise again.. Kevin opted out of this little trip. I guess he wanted to stay in the heat of Tx instead of being cold in the delight of 70's for a few days! I will fly into Boston and arrive early afternoon Wed. I have a full schedule of visiting already planned. I plan on taking the 5:30am flight out of Boston Saturday morning. I fly standby and must look at the best opportunity of getting on a flight. I must be home as I am scheduled to cook a Fathers Day Brunch at the golf course on Sunday... Have to be in at 6am for that, so I will be rather exhausted..
Today I am off from work but we do have the gkids. I will try to get my things organized for I am working the next two days. Once that is done, will either stay cool inside or lounge with the kids in the pool.. One way or another we will try to stay cool....
See you in chat tonight. Happy Birthday Deb....

1 comment:

Chuck-Kathy said...

No matter where we are the weather could be better...lol..rather on the cool side here in Colorado, snf no humidity. Enjoy your time in Boston, sounds like fun. Hugs, Kathy