RVThereYet

Monday, September 7, 2009

Better Luck This Time

Well, keep those fingers crossed. We are one step closer to buying a 5th wheel. Our hopes of getting the Landmark Augusta quickly faded this past week when we couldnt get the financing. But not to worry, we had another plan in place in no time. We made the decision to withdraw retirement funds.. after all this is our retirement and what better way to spend it. This was extra money that I put away in an annuity account while I worked my part time job in Massachusetts for many years. Like everyone else I lost quite a bit when the market took a hit. So might as well put whats left to good use now. Never know if any would be left if we just leave it there. So plan B is to buy the Heartland Big Horn since it is $10k less. I researched and couldnt find one that I really wanted in Houston. I did find one in Tn that pretty much has all we wanted. The fireplace, the 4 door frig, the dual pane windows. So I was on the phone with the owner and told him we would like to come look and hopefully buy. A plan was made. We will fly in tomorrow and he will come pick us up at the airport. I thought that was very cool. We don't have to rent a car. If all goes well, we will make the deal. We should have our money by next week and hopefully can leave here on the 21st to drive to Tn to pick it up. We are on a schedule as we have our workcamp commitment in Destin area on Oct 1st. How nice if we have it in time for that.
I just finished working 5 straight days at the golf course and I am so tired. Working on my feet for 7 hours is a long day for me. I have given my notice however and my last day to work will be the 19th. Only two more weeks. Hooray! A few nights I was so tired I couldn't even think about chatting. Last night I tried a few times and couldnt get into the chat room at all. Whats up with that.. I shall try again tonight, that is if I can keep my eyes open.
I hav

3 comments:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Congratulations, Arlene. Hope you get the 5er and great news on quitting work too!

Chuck-Kathy said...

Hope it all works out for you. Things usually happen for the best. Seems like when a door shuts, a window opens. Hugs to you both, Kathy

SkippyMom said...

I just found your blog! Very exciting.

I don't know where you are located, but the Reines RV [reinesrv.com] in Manassas VA has some great deals on gently used 5th wheels - I don't know if that is more convenient than TN for you.

I like to go to the site and drool over what we are going trade up to one day - now we only have a pop-up, bought from them.

Good luck in all your travels.