RVThereYet

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Back in My Comfort Zone

Well, we made the decision to leave Georgia early, after spending one month there. Kevin was fine of course because of the golf, but I was miserable…Just nothing to do. As someone mentioned to me, that is why we live on wheels… We pulled out Thursday and spent the night in the rain,  just short of the Florida line.  Guess we brought that nasty weather with us. Friday we drove 200 miles to Thousand Trails Orlando, where we will stay until next Wednesday.  We have reservations for the month of February in Largo, Fl. Largo is next to St Petersburg, where we lived for four years. We have good friends in the area. We are really looking forward to spending some time with them. There are also many RVing friends in the surrounding area that we hope we can hook up with.

Those that know me well, know that I love Florida. Kevin does also. The only reason we ever left Florida was to be with our grandkids, and help out as each of them was born.  I really love being around the ocean,  but even here in Orlando area, I am happy.  I have found that I do not like being out in the middle of nowhere. I like the conveniences of city living.  I guess that is because I grew up a city girl. We have never lived anywhere that we could not do a skip, hop, or a jump to go or get what we needed close by.  It’s just my comfort zone!  

The weather is sunny today and temps 70ish. There is a slight breeze, so it does feel a little chilly.  My allergies are acting up though.  At least I think it’s allergy’s. Hopefully not another cold.  I am looking forward to some nice weather and  shorts and flip flops again. It’s been awhile..  I told Kevin to slap me if I complain of being too hot, lol….

No comments: