Sunday, June 28, 2009

Home from Boston and To This Heat

Well a week ago today I returned from my trip to Boston. What a great little get away. I left Houston Wednesday morning at 7:15.. Got upgraded to First Class, which makes such a difference in flying. I was served a nice breakfast and watched a movie. Before long, I was flying over familiar territory. My daughter and my 20 mos old grandson accompanied me on this trip, however they flew in coach due to the 20mos old. We promptly rented a car and started on our way. We didnt get too far when bam, we got slammed into from behind. I pulled into a hotel parking lot, assuming the car that hit me would follow. Well, guess what, they didnt. A police officer was accross the street and he came rushing over. Luckily while we inspected the car there didnt seem to be any damage. We were all quite amazed. It was sure a lucky thing since the person that hit us hadn't stopped. What a pain that would have been with a rental and all the paper work.. We continued on our way. Spent the three days visiting family and friends. I didnt get much sleep but it was sure worth it. We also enjoyed the cooler temps, although we had rain. They sure are getting alot of wet weather there.. We arrived back in Houston to the horrid heat on the weekend. Since then we have had five days in the 100's.. It is really bad. I have worked three days and the air conditioner at the golf course hasnt been working well, so the temps inside in the 90's.
Kevin and I did go out on Wednesday and purchased ourselves a vucube satellite system. Of course we don't have a clue how to connect it. We had planned to take the trailer up to Lake Conroe this weekend but because of this severe heat we opted out of it. We have a feeling we may have a wiring problem in the RV and may not get it to work. We have had several people try to help us connect to satellite with our portable dish and never have connected. The salesman told us it is possible that the wiring was never connected properly. Soooo, we shall see. I guess if we can't get it working we will have to bite the bullet and bring it into a dealership and pay the $90. per hr to have them look it over. Wish we knew where else to go but we don't.
In the meantime we are hanging in the house trying to stay cool. We take a few dips in the pool but the water is getting warm and it isnt that refreshing. I have been spending too much time on this computer farming and fishing!!!!
Looking forward to cooler temps this week.. Ya, they say 98!!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hot Here In Texas

Man, is it hot this week. It's not even summer yet..What do we have to look forward too, yuck..
Temps have been 98 the last few days with high humidity, feeling like 108!! Too much for me.
Last summer I said this is the last summer here for me but here I am and once again saying THIS will be the last summer in this unbearable heat.
I had my usual schedule of work this past week. On Monday, we took the truck to a place that was recommended to us to have the bedliner sprayed in our new truck.. We also caved in and paid to have the siderails(nerf rail, as they call it) put in. We decided it just wasn't worth the fighting with the dealership to get them to do it. Actually, the dealership themselves said they wouldn't but the salesman said he would pay for it...Ya, I'm sure that was going to happen.. Anyway, I am a happy camper now that I can get into the truck with ease. Tomorrow morning we have an appointment to bring the truck to the dealership to have the detailing done which they never did and also to have our electric brake installed. They have put us off on that also, so we shall see. They were told to take it out of our trade and reinstall it in this one.. We can only hope for the best....
I am taking a little mini trip to Boston on Wednesday. I got a call from a good friend that they are having a 90th birthday party for a great lady that we worked with for many years. I couldnt pass up the oportunity to go and see all my old working buddies. We had a great group of people and got really close in the 23 years that I worked in the hospital. I am looking forward to seeing all of them again. Who knows when the opportunity will arise again.. Kevin opted out of this little trip. I guess he wanted to stay in the heat of Tx instead of being cold in the delight of 70's for a few days! I will fly into Boston and arrive early afternoon Wed. I have a full schedule of visiting already planned. I plan on taking the 5:30am flight out of Boston Saturday morning. I fly standby and must look at the best opportunity of getting on a flight. I must be home as I am scheduled to cook a Fathers Day Brunch at the golf course on Sunday... Have to be in at 6am for that, so I will be rather exhausted..
Today I am off from work but we do have the gkids. I will try to get my things organized for I am working the next two days. Once that is done, will either stay cool inside or lounge with the kids in the pool.. One way or another we will try to stay cool....
See you in chat tonight. Happy Birthday Deb....

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Not Much News

Well, I have been a slacker.. I really don't have anything exciting to report. The last few weeks have been the same, work and some babysitting.

We are still having a problem getting things done on the truck that were promissed. I doubt they will ever get done. The major one is the running board that they said they ordered. I really do need that to get into the truck. Also, they were to take out the electric brake from the old truck and reinstall it in the new truck. No luck so far. Sooo, it will probably cost us some money to do these things on our own. We do plan on having the spray in bed liner done on Monday. Just not sure if it is worth my blood pressure going up every time we go to the dealership and they say, oh part not in yet.....

We haven't done any more shopping for 5th wheels. The last salesman sort of discouraged us by saying we would have to put down ten to fifteen thousand dollars to get a loan. I know we should check it out on our own but havent as of yet. We go back and forth as to whether we should buy now by financing while rates are down or take our chances and wait til real estate gets better and sell our house.. So many decisions...