RVThereYet

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Quiet Week with Snow

Well, this has been a fairly quiet week here. I got caught up on all that needs done. I also got my Christmas decorations and tree up. Tuesday was in the 70's when we got up and by afternoon had gone down to low 30's. brrrr! While I was decorating the tree, with Christmas music on, I looked outside and it was snowing.. Well, it was just flurries but very pretty and it couldnt have come at a better time. It didn't last long but at least I got to enjoy the ambiance for a bit. We had a few more that evening. We are not used to that cold weather, and it comes as a shock when we get it. One of the reasons we moved out of Massachusetts in 2000. Temps are back up again here and suppose to be 68.
I went back to work at the golf course on Thursday for 4.5 hrs. It isnt very crowded this time of year. Today I will work 1-5p and again don't think I will be very busy. It will continue like this for the winter. Doesnt pick up until spring. It was a nice surprise to get a Christmas bonus that I wasnt expecting. We have a party for our club only, Wednesday night at the Main Event. I guess its bowling and beer and hot dogs. Then on Sunday we have another one at a sister course in The Woodlands for a dinner. Should be fun.
I am pretty much done with my Christmas shopping. I have a few small things still left. I havent wrapped or written my cards yet so maybe tomorrow. I am behind on that.
See you chat friends tonight.

1 comment:

CowgirlCreations said...

Hi Leno- My student is doing so much better and I thank you for your prayers. She is still in the hospital...but in a "regular" room now. Hopefully she will be able to come home before the New Year!

May God bless you and your family!
CC