Sunday, November 8, 2009

Catching Up

I think I left off last week with us working on the Halloween Party at the park. The first night was warm and the turnout was huge. I worked the concession stand and was in charge of hot dogs. Kevin worked the parking lot. The second night which was Halloween, the temps dropped alot and we were cold. Not very many showed up and I didn't sell many hot dogs, but the hot chocolate was a big hit. I took pictures but unfortunately you will not get to see them.
We were hoping the awning would arrive at the dealership on Monday but we got a call from them that it didnt arrive. We were then rescheduled for Wednesday morning at 8am, thinking it would arrive sometime on Tuesday. We began getting things packed up and got the laundry done. Tuesday afternoon got a call that it didnt arrive again. It was rerouted..grrr.. It was scheduled for Wednesday. They then gave us a noontime appointment, hoping it would be there in time.. We were very lucky that the park is not crowded and they let us stay in our site for a few extra nights. All went well on Wednesday. We arrived, and luckily the awning was there. We unhooked and got directions to a great lunch place on the water at St Andrews Bay. Once again took pictures but you won't get to see them. All the work was taken care of and we were on our way at 5pm headed to Ms.
While travelling to Ms we had ourselves a sandwich and soda. My laptop was in a tote bag on the floor by my feet and my can of soda tipped over and landed on the computer. Uh oh.. This is why you will not see the pictures. Foolish me, had not saved the latest ones to disk as of yet. I was planning on it but never did do it. Lesson for everyone.. don't let it go. I had hopes that it would dry out and be okay. We stopped at Hollywood Casino for the night and I didnt know what to do with myself without it.. So I HAD to gamble. I lost, guess it was not a good day for me.
We pulled out of Ms Thursday morning about 10am. Arrived back in Magnolia Tx around 5p to a nice home cooked meal by our daughter. We had reservations for a Thousand Trails Campground on Lake Conroe in Willis Tx so headed there to get settled for two weeks. And that brings us to now. We had two of the grandsons stay with us Friday night, they left yesterday afternoon. We are currently having a relaxing day. I am using my daughters laptop for a few days but I am activly looking for a new one. I loved my 2 yr old Dell but was told by BB Geek Squad that it is most likely gone and not worth the money to have them take it apart. So the search is on. I want something lightweight and compact to travel with. In the meantime I may be without one for a bit.

No comments: