Saturday, November 12, 2011

Work and Days Off

Wow, this week sure has gone fast.  We worked Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We are suppose to start around 8:30 but usually start a bit earlier. Kevin heads to the shop to pick up the golf cart, comes back to pick me up and then we go to the office to get the check out/in list of campers for the day, along with a radio. We do our first tram run at 9am. When we get down to the beach Kevin blows off the boardwalk and I check trash cans. I love the beach early morning.


DSC_0004 DSC_0015

Just the seagulls and us…

DSC_0010   DSC_0009 

This time of year, we only do beach runs every two hours until 4pm. In between runs, we blow off sites and pick up pine cones (lots of them!). We were lucky to have beautiful weather the days we worked.  Since then it sure has cooled off. We have six days off..

Thursday I drove over to Panama City to meet JoAnne Doubrouillet at Olive Garden for an early lunch. It was great to see her again, and hear how she is doing, since she lost her husband Doug. She seems to be doing well and sure keeps herself busy. She has an exciting trip coming up..

Friday was Veterans Day. Thanks to all our wonderful Veterans for their service!!   Kevin & I went to Pensacola, after a stop for an early lunch and another stop at Camping World.  We were planning to head to the airfield at the airbase to see the Blue Angels, but traffic was real bad and we heard we probably wouldn’t get in, at least in time to catch the Blue Angels show. They were expecting 100,000 people, so we headed to Ft Pickens, where we knew would be a good spot, since it’s across the water from the airstrip. It was crowded but it was a great choice to watch the show.


They started with 2..DSC_0087

Then there were 4..



And 6…


There were tumbles and turns and so much more…


DSC_0113  DSC_0115 DSC_0120

It was truly awesome!!

Unfortunately when it ended we got stuck in the sandy parking lot. Kevin helped several people get out, figuring his big truck wouldn’t have a problem but it sure did. After many attempts at him pushing with several other guys and then someone trying to pull it out with a strap attached to his car. It was still a no go. At this point the rear tires were in up to the axles. I got on the phone to AAA. They arrived in 40 minutes and had us out in 2 minutes..I wanted to hang around for the night airshow, but at this point he said NO Way..

 DSC_0124 DSC_0129


We did stop on our way out for this pretty sunset on the beach..

DSC_0137  DSC_0153

No comments: